It can be unnerving for women driving alone. Most people don’t even think about it, but make sure that you follow our tips below to maximise your safety.
Cars4girls.com Tips For Women Driving Alone
- Plan your journey. It helps to know the route you’re going to take before you set off. This isn’t always possible, so ensure you have a map with you.
- A Sat-Nav is useful too. Sounds obvious, but also make sure you have enough petrol for your journey!
- It’s useful if your car has just been serviced so that you know everything is running well. Don’t fall behind with car maintenance – limit your chances of breaking down. Always make sure you have useful items in your car. If you’re unlucky enough to breakdown, you’re going to need a blanket, torch, and coat at the very least. Also, charge your mobile phone before you leave. A bottle of water is always useful too.
- Try to park your car in a well lit area and do not leave any valuables on display.
- If you think you’re being followed, drive to a well lit, public area, such as a Garage.
- Lock your doors before you set off and never stop for strangers.
- Anna Vaccaro